We are proud of our members and how much they have grown, personally and professionally. Unlike many coworking facilities, we consider ourselves a community and love getting to know them, their goals and their passions ….. we think you will too!
- Tell us about your background, family, education: I am originally from Oklahoma, but grew up in South Carolina. I have been married to Robin for almost 24 years, and we have two kids, Lawson (15) and Harper (11). My undergraduate degree is from the University of South Carolina. I also have an MBA from the University of South Carolina. I grew up playing soccer and tennis and am now involved in martial arts.
- What is your business and who are your customers? We have started a consulting business that specializes in logistics and supply chain and leadership. We also created a business a few years ago that teaches martial arts to the special needs community (Circle of the Panda). The concepts behind both business models are highlighted in the Soul Minded Business Podcast, as well as some pretty cool interviews.
- How did this venture start? We saw needs that are not being addressed in two markets and after 29 years with the same company, I decided to make the leap and pursue both full-time. My son and I started the martial arts business in a local martial arts studio (Champion Martial Arts).
- What do you actually do on a daily basis and why? It is common when running a business (or two) to have to do just about everything or find the right people to help. Most of my time these days is spent setting up businesses, writing content, searching for the right kind of help and reaching out to potential customers.
- What’s your past life? How did skills and background that got you here to where you are? I have been allowed the opportunity to serve or assist in several different roles: operations, sales, strategic planning, social media, leadership and community service. I have also started a couple of “side hustles”.
- What new customers you are targeting or new services being offered? We are targeting customers that have an aspect of logistics and supply chain in this business model. This is very similar to a consulting role in our industry.
- What are your personal and/or professional goals? I am by nature a social entrepreneur, and therefore I like to help create and build businesses that have a positive impact on their areas of influence. My personal and professional goal is to continue doing this as long as I am able, and to teach my kids the value of doing the same. Business is a great platform to assist positive change if we leverage it the right way.
“Have you ever been curious about what makes businesses and life successful? We certainly are, and our podcast explores what we find to be the very best practices out there, as well as, just general life lessons. We not only look for what make a business and individual successful, but also, resources that can help our listeners succeed.”
- Other than your work, what are you most passionate about? I am passionate about family, helping the special needs community, and I also enjoy learning and teaching martial arts.
- Why did you initially come to LOOM? I initially went to Loom to have a place out of the office and home to work. We also needed a place to record the podcast.
- How do you feel you have benefited or grown? I have grown in many ways over the past few years by putting myself in new environments and situations by taking calculated risks. I still have a long way to go but my faith and experience have grown significantly.
- Where can we find out more about you on social media and online? I can we found primarily through our website and podcast, Soul Minded Business.
- What is the best way to contact you? Jd@smbconsultantgroup.com
Want to explore the benefits YOU will get from coworking and joining the LOOM network of professionals?
Reach out via our Contact page to come in for a free day of productivity (and coffee)!