Here are a few really good articles about employee sponsored coworking for remote employees and below we put together some points from these and others that sum up everything.
WHY OFFER A REMOTE WORK STIPEND OR COWORKING PAYMENT?
- Remote work stipends are sums of money given to employees to improve their working situation.
- These can be used to buy new office equipment, like ergonomically designed chairs, or a new laptop.
- They can be used to buy food, coffee, or anything else you need to make sure you stay productive and comfortable… such as a coworking membership
Since the pandemic hit and millions began working from home, remote work stipends have become increasingly prevalent:
- Google, Twitter and Shopify give employees $1,000 to set up or improve their home office
- Dropbox announced that it would become a “virtual-first” company. The company provides a stipend for coworking spaces
- Buffer covers 100 percent of home Internet and costs for working at a coworking space,
An integral part of any remote work policy is an equivalency code: If you offer perks to office workers, you should find an equivalent perk to provide remote employees.